I’ve got 14 Easy Ways to Get Healthy NOW for you today but first, Happy New Year!
How are you doing with your new year’s resolutions?
Many people set goals at the beginning of the year to lose weight and get healthy. Often times those goals are strict and difficult to stick with so I have created a list of easy ways to improve your health. If you follow them they can help you be happier, healthier and even lose weight.
14 Easy Ways to be Healthy Now
1. Slow down and taste and enjoy each bite. It takes 20 minutes for the brain to register that you are full.
2. Buy smaller dishes. If you are still hungry go back for more rather than filling a large plate full of food and thinking you have to finish it all.
3. When you dish up your plate remember that your stomach is only about the size of your fist.
4. Don’t feel bad if you are too full to eat everything on your plate. Putting a little in the trash or in the fridge for later is better than putting a little on your hips because you ate too much.
5. Take smaller bites and chew slowly. Even and especially if it’s a treat.
6. Don’t mentally beat yourself up for eating a treat. Taste it. Savor it. Enjoy it. You are less likely to eat too many if you do this.
7. If you tend to overeat drink a glass of water before your meal.
8. Put your fork or spoon down between bites and enjoy a conversation with those eating with you.
9. Sit at the table rather than in front of a TV or computer screen. Or even worse in the car. If you are eating fast food, it will negatively affect your health, fast.
10. Make exercise your Go-To stress relief, not food.
11. Make exercise a hobby. Find one you love doing and do it every day.
12. If you tend to binge when you are stressed, instead of asking yourself “what can I eat”, ask “what’s eating me’? Take the time to write down your thoughts and identify why you might be trying to stuff your emotions down with food.
13. cook and eat as many of your meals from home as possible. Include your family in the meal preparation. This helps the brain and the digestive system be prepared for eating.
14. Most of all love you!! Love your beautiful body. Love everything you can do in that gorgeous body. Celebrate you!
There you have it! 14 Easy Ways to Get Healthy NOW. As you make these things a habit you will find you automatically begin to feel and look better. Remember it is the small things that we do consistently, long term, rather than an all or nothing push that we can only sustain for a short time, that creates the results we want.
So here’s to a happy, healthy 2020!!
This post may contain affiliate links.